I have been nominated for the Liebster Blog award by the gracious and always interesting (and multilingual) Sara E. Ackerman, Author! These are the rules if you wish to participate:
1. Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award. Thank you to Sara Ackerman, Author!
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 blogs.
5. Notify those blogs of the nomination.
6. Give them 11 questions to answer.
I am delighted to share the answers to her questions.
1. Out of all the countries you have visited, which did you like the best and why?
I lived in three countries on two different continents by the age of thirteen. I was born in Havana, Cuba, to Asturian parents. Asturias is a region in the northwest of Spain. I always promote it because it is not well known outside of Spain and that’s why I decided to start the #TheOtherSpain collection of photographs. If I had to choose, I’d choose Spain. However, I feel I will change my mind when I visit Scotland…
2. What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
Changing my place of residence from a city to a village of about 60 inhabitants. I lived there for 19 years. People thought I wouldn’t last a couple of years. Lesson: never challenge a Green Dog.
3. If you could take someone with you in your travels, who would it be?
I would undoubtedly take my wonderful Scot, the man who gives the best hugs in the world.
4. If you could give someone $1 million who would you give it to?
If it has to be a person, I’d give it to my sons, equally divided.
5. For what in your life do you feel the most grateful?
For my health and the people in my home.
6. Given the choice of anyone living or dead, who would you choose to have dinner with and why?
I ‘d choose Noam Chomsky because I find the way he explains the world both thorough and easy to understand.
7. Give some advice to other bloggers or blog starters.
The only advice I feel qualified to give is enjoy it and write what you would like to read.
8. What is the most scandalous thing you have ever done?
I haven’t done anything really scandalous. I am allergic to unnecessary drama. I’m scandalous enough just being me!
9. What is your greatest accomplishment?
Raising my sons and learning that I am capable and worthy. Accepting that I am A Green Dog and proud of it.
10. If you could do any career in the world, what would you do?
Write and travel. Or cook.
11. If you could live one day over again, what would it be and why?
Probably the days that my sons were born because I was too worried about doing it all so perfect that I didn’t live it like I would have liked.
ELEVEN RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
1. I am the Green Dog because my oldest son said that I was like a green dog in the middle of a herd of cows to explain how utterly weird I was in comparison to other people.
2. I am bilingual (Spanish-English) because I grew up In New Jersey in a Spanish family. I also speak French and the dialect of western Asturias, Fala.
3. I am an only child. If I’d had brothers, I would have left home before I was 18. The double standards would have been unaceptable.
4. I am an ESL teacher.
5. For almost two decades, I was a cattle farmer in a small village in the mountains.
6. Just recently, I found a word that describes how I feel: Monochopsis, the subtle but persistent feeling of being out of place.
7. I mix up words in Spanish and English and have a knack for speaking both in the same sentence, changing from one to the other every few words. Tu sabes what I mean?
8. I have a hard time understanding most jokes.
9. I am a chocolate addict. Once, I ate 11 (lol!) chocolate bars in one go!
10. I am a chronic overthinker.
11. I found love on Twitter. So far, so good…
I would like to nominate the following blogs:
Now, here are my eleven questions for you!
1. If you could erase a moment in your life, which would it be and why?
2. Who’s your favourite literary heroine?
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
4. Do you like to cook?
5. Who would you change lives with if given the chance? Why?
6. What would you never change about yourself?
7. What would you tell your younger self?
8. If you could fast forward 20 years, would you? Why or why not?
9. What superpower would you like to have, mind reading or strength?
10. Who is your hero?
11. What would you want people to know about you instantly and why?